Senator Hannon's Flood Tips
Senator Hannon’s Flood Tips
– Flooding is possible in the designated area.
– Flooding has been reported or is imminent.
- Stock up on food and other essential items in order to avoid treacherous driving conditions.
- Make sure all basement and other low windows are closed and sealed.
- Keep your automobile fueled. In the event your neighborhood looses power, your local gas station may not be able to pump fuel.
- Make sure to bring all possessions inside your house such as lawn furniture, garbage cans, children's toys, etc. in case of high winds.
Travel with Care
- DO NOT
attempt to drive over a flooded road. Find an alternate route.
- As little as six
inches of water may cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
- Driving too fast through low water can cause you vehicle to hydroplane and lose contact with the road surface.
In the event of an emergency, remember to dial